March 20, 2008

Swell Season at The Orpheum Just Got Sweller

I just found out that John Convertino and Joey Burns (founding members of Tucson's Calexico), will be joining Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova at the Orpheum on April 23, 2008. I know many of you already have tickets for the show, but those of you that don't, you might want to reconsider. Calexico have toured in the past with Glen Hansard's wonderful full-time band from Ireland, The Frames, so I expect the upcoming Calexico/Swell Season collaboration to work extremely well. I'm definitely excited to see what songs the two acts perform together. Regardless, it looks like we'll have to find a good Mexican restaurant prior to the show.

2 comments:

Greg said...

It looks like your wife has blocked me from her blog. Thanks for keeping it real. Tell her that your blog has moved to the top of my friends list.

Patrick Hall said...

Don't act innocent. We know you're the one that was spamming our family's blog.