May 26, 2008

Son of Rambow

I got to celebrate Memorial Day by seeing Son of Rambow in Scottsdale. The film is one of the best independent comedies I've seen in awhile. In light of its success at the Sundance Film Festival, I'm a little surprised that it's only scoring 75% on the Tomatometer. But most top critics seem to be receiving it well. I guess the other 25% just lack a sense of humor--or worse yet, a heart. For those of you that liked movies like Unstrung Heroes or Rushmore, you won't be disappointed. I won't even bother to tell you what it's about--just go see it.

3 comments:

Greg said...

I am seriously so excited for this to come to Utah (yeah we have to wait). I saw a preview for it a while back and thought it might be a semi-autobiographical movie of Wes Anderson. I am glad that your review is better than the tomatometer (something I typically rely on).

Rob said...

Likening it to Rushmore is all I needed to know. Did Natalie go? Did she like it? Let me know if you're up for an encore viewing.

Patrick Hall said...

Natalie didn't go, but it's the kind of movie she would have liked (she loves Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, etc.)